A hemogram test measures various components of blood, including red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. The primary purpose of a hemogram test is to conduct diligence for overall health or as a diagnostic test to investigate specific symptoms or conditions.
- Agilus Diagnostics, Mumbai, India, is a diagnostic center offering a wide range of laboratory tests, including hemogram. The purpose of performing a hemogram test at Agilus Diagnostics is to check for a variety of conditions such as anemia, infection, inflammation, leukemia, and other blood disorders.
- Hemogram are often used to monitor patients with chronic conditions such as cancer or a blood disorder or to follow patients after treatment to administrate stability and specific symptoms of recurrence.
In summary, the Hemogram test performed in Agilus Diagnostics is one of the most important diagnostic tools that is used for the overall check of a patient’s health status. It gives an insight into the number of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets count, which are the building blocks of our blood. The primary purpose of hemogram test is to conduct a routine check or to investigate a particular symptom.
What is a hemogram test?
A hemogram test typically involves taking a small sample of blood, usually from a vein in the arm, and analyzing it using a machine called a hematology analyzer. The results of the test are usually available within a few hours, and they can provide important information about a patient’s health status.
Why Hemogram Test is performed
Hemogram tests, also known as complete blood count (CBC) tests, are performed to measure various components of the blood, including red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. There are several reasons why a hemogram test may be performed, the primary purpose of a hemogram test is,
- Routine screening test: Hemogram test report provide valuable insights routinely for individuals and can be a key parameter for monitoring overall health
- To investigate symptoms: A hemogram may be ordered to investigate symptoms such as fatigue, weakness, and easy bruising, which can be caused by a variety of blood disorders.
- Monitor treatment: Hemograms are often used to monitor the effectiveness of treatment for conditions such as cancer, blood disorders, and certain infections.
- Diagnose and monitor disease: Hemograms can be used to diagnose conditions such as anemia, infection, inflammation, leukemia, and other blood disorders. These tests can also be used to monitor the progress of these conditions, as well as to detect complications.
- Evaluate medications: Hemograms are also useful in evaluating the effects of certain medications on the blood, such as blood thinners, chemotherapy drugs, and numerous antibiotics.
Hemogram tests can give a lot of insight into the general health and well-being of a patient.
The purpose of a hemogram test:
- Help diagnose and monitor various medical conditions, such as anemia, infection, leukemia, and bleeding disorders.
- Provide information about the overall health status and detect abnormalities or pathological diseases.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of treatment, like in the case of cancer therapy.
- Evaluating a person’s health before surgery or any other medical procedures
- Scanning and referencing treatments for acute haemorrhagic states, allergies, and immunodeficiency.
- With the primary purpose of hemogram being a broad screening test, it can detect a wide range of conditions, but it is not specific to any one condition.
Agilus Diagnostics provides the best hemogram test in Mumbai.
Overall health assessment
The primary purpose of a hemogram test is to provide important information about a person’s overall health status by measuring various components of the blood. The hemogram test can help detect abnormalities or pathological diseases. Here are a few examples of how a hemogram can be used to assess a person’s health:
- Anemia: A low red blood cell count or haemoglobin level can indicate anemia, which is a condition in which there aren’t enough red blood cells to carry oxygen throughout the body. Anemia can be caused by various underlying conditions, such as blood loss, poor nutrition, or chronic diseases like cancer.
- Infection: A high white blood cell count can indicate an infection, which can be caused by a variety of pathogens, including bacteria and viruses.
- Leukemia: This type of cancer of the blood cells, which has a high white blood cell count, low red blood cell count, or low platelet count, can be observed.
- Bleeding disorders: Low platelet count and low haemoglobin levels can indicate a bleeding disorder, such as von Willebrand disease or thrombocytopenia.
It is important to note that a hemogram is not a diagnostic test, it only indicates possible health problems or abnormal conditions. If an abnormal result is found, further testing is typically needed to determine the cause and make a diagnosis.
Monitoring a treatment
Monitoring treatment using a hemogram can provide important information about the effectiveness of treatment. For example:
- Cancer treatment: Hemograms can be used to monitor the effectiveness of cancer treatment. A decrease in white blood cells, for example, can indicate that the treatment is working to destroy cancer cells. Similarly, a drop in red blood cells may indicate that the treatment is causing anemia, which may require a blood transfusion.
- Chemotherapy: Hemograms can also be used to monitor the side effects of chemotherapy, which is a type of cancer treatment that targets rapidly dividing cells.
- Hematological disorders: Hemograms can be used to monitor the treatment of haematological disorders, such as anemia and bleeding disorders.
Hemogram test reports can be crucial to identify the factors mentioned in the above paragraph. If you are seeking hemogram tests in Mumbai, Agilus Diagnostics Best Diagnostic Center in Mumbai offers reliable Assistance and a one-stop shop for all your medical needs.
Monitoring overall health
The primary purpose of a hemogram test is to provide information that can be used to make a diagnosis, monitor treatment, or check for complications or recurrence of a disease. Hemogram test reports can be crucial in the identification of underlying medical conditions.
Agilus Diagnostics – Why just survive when you can live freely
The best hemogram tests in Mumbai are provided by Agilus Diagnostics, we attain a doorstep collection of samples, Cost-efficiency, Reliable hemogram test reports, Assistance, and guidance for various blood-related tests. Our priority is customer satisfaction. Please give us a visit or request a call back today.